- Must possess nursing license for LPN or RN and be eligible to practice as nurse in the state of SC.
In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of Still Hopes Episcopal Home the Employee Health Services Coordinator is responsible for the assessment, development, implementation, and maintenance of a comprehensive occupational health and safety management program, that emphasizes safety in the workplace through Leadership and staff involvement in the preparation of safe work practices. The purpose of this job position includes providing services and experiences that enable residents and staff to participate in life-affirming choices that include the dimensions of wellness: emotional, environmental, intellectual, physical, vocational, social, financial, and spiritual.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Work with the Training and Development Coordinator to identify in-service training programs as required and approved.
- Remain current on new developments by attending professional institutions, reading professional journals and attending professional seminars.
Attend and participate in professional association’s activities and programs, etc. to assure that you keep abreast of current regulations and guidelines, as well as professional standards, and make recommendations on changes in policies and procedures to the Director of Human Resource and Director of Health Services.
Manage Workers Compensation Program from first report of injury through transitional duty and return to work.
Workers Compensation – following OSHA guidelines, enter employee injury data into AOD in the incident menu. Maintain the information so it is up to date and available to the HR Director.
Maintain individual employee health records in medical personnel files.
- Work with the Director of Health Services and DON in the annual mandatory TB assessment of required licensed departments. Assure that all licensed departments are assessed and submitted by the annual deadline.
- Perform periodic audits on personnel medical files to assure DHEC, OSHA and Regulation guidelines are met.
- Complete Occupational Injury and Illness Report for the Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Prepare annual OSHA 300 Log and Summary of Occupational injuries and illnesses, keep up to date and ready for inspection.
- Perform pre-employment health screenings as defined by the Still Hopes Medical Director.
- Plan and coordinate safety training programs for staff.
- Work with the HR Benefits and Leave Coordinator to perform return to work assessments and make proper arrangements for staff to return in a timely manner. Assist in keeping the Department Directors up to date on the employees expected date of return.
- Collaborate with the HR Director to update and maintain a Still Hopes specific Employee Health Policy and Procedure Manual.
- TB Coordinator – Handles TB Risk Assessments, Possible TB outbreaks, and TB Planning, etc.
- Order and maintain items/equipment needed for Employee Health requirements.
- Administer substance abuse testing to new hires and staff for random, suspicion, post-accident and return to work testing according to the Substance Abuse Policy.
- Complete Hepatitis B screening according to OSHA and DHEC regulations.
- Plan and implement employee health screenings (Mammograms, Biometric Health Screenings, Blood Drives, etc.) annually.
- Plan and implement annual employee flu vaccine clinic.
- Ensure Management of Communicable Disease Policy is being followed by staff at Still Hopes.
- Manage basic first aid care in compliance with federal, state and professional standards.
- Plan, administer and evaluate health safety standards and programs to improve employee health, conferring with health department and industry personnel.
- Promote and coordinate employee programs that aid in the prevention of injuries, diseases and basis healthcare principles.
Must possess, as a minimum, Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university and State Board of Nursing approved as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse. Must possess nursing license for a LPN or RN and be eligible to practice as nurse in the state of SC. CPR Instructor Certified preferred.
A minimum, two (2) years’ experience in a healthcare environment and three (3) year experience in workers compensation and OSHA regulations preferred. Experience in supervision, practice of teaching, etc. is a plus. Must possess skills in leadership and communication, and possess creativity, integrity, and initiative.
Still Hopes’ excellent benefits package include competitive wages, tuition reimbursement, recruiting and retention bonuses, medical, dental, and life insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off. Still Hopes is an equal opportunity employer.